Choosing the right dropship companies is vitally important to the success of any online store. From the types of products you sell to the speed at which you can get your merchandise in front of potential customers, the best dropship companies can help you meet your goals. In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the best dropship companies, along with my top 5 choices, so that you can pick the best one for you.
- AliDropship is best for online entrepreneurs who want to get a fully-fledged online store for a one-time payment at a reasonable price.
- SaleHoo best for supplier directory and is a research tool, supplier directory, also an online community for dropshippers, wholesalers, and e-commerce stores.
- Spocket Best For EU/US Products With Spocket buy products from suppliers in the USA and the EU and offers integration with both WooCommerce and Shopify.
Want to get right to it? The best dropship companies right now are AliDropship and SaleHoo.
Dropshipping has become a lucrative business for online sellers.
It enables small businesses to source products at lower costs from manufacturers across the world, and sell their products at competitive prices in the retail market – without the need to ship products themselves.
Dropshipping businesses can even generate 50% more profits than sellers who maintain an online inventory.
If you’re planning to start a dropshipping business and use an ecommerce platform, you need to choose from the best dropship companies.
The online tools in this guide help you connect with thousands of manufacturers so that you can add their wholesale products to your ecommerce site – while they handle the shipping and returns.
These rankings are based on their inventory selection, pricing, ease of use, inventory management features, order fulfillment processes, and more.
Let’s dive in.
1. Ali Dropship
The best solution for dropshipping with AliExpress.
Forbes Take —
Starting an online store requires the right technology backing you up. Alidropshipping gets my #1 vote since it is not only a standalone platform filled with top-notch suppliers, but also integrates with others such as Shopify, WordPress and WooCommerce. This makes it ideal in a variety of situations.
AliDropship is great for online entrepreneurs who want to get a fully-fledged online store for a one-time payment at a reasonable price.
These solutions, ranging from a plugin and custom store to various add-ons and themes, are aimed at creating a seamless and satisfactory experience for every dropshipping store owner.
For your convenience, the plugin is fully integrated with WordPress, WooCommerce, and the Shopify app.
Either way, AliDropship provides not only great but helpful solutions for any dropshipping entrepreneur, both new and experienced.
- Import an unlimited amount of dropshipping products from AliExpress into your store in one click or from 50,000+ products database of AliExpress top-selling edited items.
- Import AliExpress product reviews.
- The plugin collects emails from your customers to help automate email marketing.
- AliDropship plugin supports all the most popular payment processors like PayPal, 2CO, Stripe, PayU, and others.
- Choose customizable, mobile-friendly themes. The abandoned cart is already in.
- Free life-long support and updates for all solutions.
With tons of options and products, AliDropship is a easiest dropshipping platforms for those just starting out.
The user interface is clean and easy to navigate, making finding the right products a breeze.
Features such as an abandoned cart, countdown timers, and order tracking are just a few things that make this supplier stand out from the rest.
You pay a one-time payment for only $89 for the AliDropship Plugin or from $299 for a custom store creation with no recurring payments.
What I Like/Dislike About AliDropship:
- Full ownership of your online store.
- One-time payment.
- Easy to use for both beginners and advanced users.
- Free life-long support and updates for all solutions.
- If they had to upgrade this plugin for other marketplaces like eBay or Amazon, it could become more valuable in various situations.
- Premium Stores allow you to have a fully-functional online store built for you by a team of professionals.
- Online Contest Software is a great way to increase engagement and conversions on your website.
Get started with AliDropship.
Best Dropshipping Directory ($27 – $97 per month)
Forbes Take —
The Salehoo directory is where most reliable dropshippers find their suppliers. With access to more than 8000 suppliers that have been checked and verified, I suggest you check out this directory if you want to get started with dropshipping.
SaleHoo offers an extensive supplier directory and efficient research tool – it’s the best database when you’re just getting started.
With SaleHoo, you also get access to a large online community of wholesale suppliers and dropshippers. The user-friendly tool helps businesses identify and procure profitable products from low-cost and certified suppliers.
It also offers unlimited training to help you understand the ecosystem and tread smartly in the dropshipping business website. Apart from finding great product ideas, SaleHoo also gives you insight into hot selling trends and the supply chain behind it.
- Extensive List of Products – SaleHoo offers access to over 1,000 verified suppliers and 2.5 million products.
- Money-Back Guarantee – It offers a 60-days unconditional money-back guarantee on all its sales.
- Verified Supplier – All the registered suppliers get verified under a stringent process to eliminate fraudulent suppliers and counterfeiters.
- Market Research Labs – A powerful research tool to find trending niches and discover products with high profit margins.
You can easily apply the filters to find the type of products you’re looking for, and SaleHoo provides a wide variety of suppliers.
You can then see all the products that each supplier has to offer, making it easy to find the perfect products for your store.
What I Like/Dislike About SaleHoo:
- It allows you to source products from suppliers that ship internationally. This feature lets you grow your business even when you have only a few suppliers in your country.
- You can easily attach notes on the dashboard for each supplier to remind yourself about what you like the most.
- It has over 70 percent of suppliers that require zero or minimal investment.
- It lets you discover beforehand the product range and the quantity each supplier is capable of providing.
- Sell products across multiple niches, including clothing, accessories, antiques, collectibles, electronics, health, cosmetics, homes, gardens, etc.
- Some limitations for domestic suppliers in the US mean that the products might not be as cheap as you’d hoped.
- Free personal concierge on the search page to find your low-cost supplier so you can get back to business.
- Save time & request suppliers for the product you are looking for without even having to leave the app.
Get started with SaleHoo.
Best For Online Sellers Who Are Looking to Sell Original US/EU Products.
Forbes Take —
If you’re looking for suppliers in what are considered to be the top countries (as well as those in the European Union), then I recommend you check out Spocket. This gives your customers faster deliveries than if you were to find suppliers and you are dropshipping to other countries.
Spocket is one of the best dropshipping supplier websites. It offers smooth integration with both WooCommerce and Shopify. With Spocket, you can easily start a dropship business by buying products from suppliers present in the USA and the European Union.
It also gives access to suppliers from Australia and New Zealand. This makes Spocket different from other options as some dropshipping suppliers give access to products sold on AliExpress only.
It also offers a massive marketplace with thousands of listed products. You can also leverage Spocket to procure sample products from several suppliers. All the goods sourced from Spocket come with pre-negotiated discounts to help you earn higher margins on your sales.
- Faster Delivery – Since most suppliers are from the USA and EU, products on Spocket ship faster and usually reach customers within 3 to 5 days instead of a longer 30 days time period.
- Customer Support – It offers extensive customer support through live chat and email.
- Branded Invoicing – It allows you to create customized invoices for easy branding of your business. You can also send a personalized note to the customer to enhance the experience.
With preset filters that allow you to quickly find products that fit your niche, Spocket makes it easy to add products to your store.
You can then get more information on each product, such as supplier information and product reviews, to help you make the best decision for your store.
It offers two paid plans, starting from $24.99.
What I Like/Dislike About Spocket:
- You do not have to maintain an inventory of the product. Make the payment to the supplier only when the customer purchases the product.
- It offers a heavy discount range of 30 to 40 percent on all products to help you earn more margin on products.
- You can start using Spocket free of cost with trial fees and credit card registration.
- It gets synced with your online store and reflects all orders automatically on your application.
- It also provides product samples to test the speed of delivery and quality of products before making them live on your ecommerce platform.
- A way to automatically change all of the product details doesn’t exist, which would be helpful in the various stages of the product lifecycle.
- Available Integrations increased, meaning that Spocket can now be integrated with more platforms to make your life easier.
Get started with Spocket.
Printful is Best For Businesses That Want To Sell Custom Branded Apparel, T-shirts, & Merchandise.
Printful is a great dropshipping supplier, especially if you want to create and sell custom and print-on-demand products. The print-on-demand service offers easy-to-use design tools to create customized apparel and accessories within minutes. Moreover, it’s a great way to start generating some extra income with zero investment.
When the customer places the order of your customized product, it gets sent automatically to Printful for printing, packaging, and shipping. Also, all the products get shipped in your brand’s packaging to make it appear as if you shipped the product.
- Warehousing & Fulfillment – Easily store all your orders in Printful’s warehouse and ship them directly to your customers.
- Integration – It offers extensive integration with multiple ecommerce platforms, including Shopify, Wix, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and Squarespace. You can also integrate it with online marketplaces, including Amazon, eBay, and Wish.
- Flexible Payment – You don’t need to pay monthly fees. Just pay for shipping and fulfillment after you receive the order.
- It doesn’t provide any minimum capping, so you don’t have to struggle with unsold inventory anymore.
- All the shipping gets facilitated under your branding, including custom labels and pack-ins.
- It offers reliable and cost-efficient shipping options.
- It ensures global deliveries at a faster pace through its fulfillment centers located in North America and Europe.
- Printful provides both iOS and Android mobile applications to help you easily manage your orders.
It’s available for free. Pay only after receiving the order to cover fulfillment and shipping.
Want to dive deeper into Printful? Here is my Printful vs Printify comparison post.
Get started with Printful.
5. Worldwide Brands
Best For Online Sellers That Are Looking For a One-time Payment Plan Software For Dropshipping.
Worldwide Brands give you access to over 16 million certified products through over 8,000 suppliers. With its one-time pricing plan, it offers lifetime access to its vast list of products and sellers. Hence, it’s a great value proposition if you plan to use the dropshipping business website for a longer period of time.
- One-Time Cost – It offers a one-time cost for all its features. You can also pay the price in three easy installments if you don’t want to shell out the entire money in one go.
- Mobile Apps – It offers native iOS and Android mobile applications to help you search for the best products on the go.
- No Minimum Order – You can order as little as you want. This means you don’t have to hoard unnecessary articles in your warehouse.
- It provides a refund within 60-days of the purchase if you paid the amount in full. However, if you made the payment in installments, then you can claim the refund within 30-days.
- It’s BBB A+ Rated, and WBI certified to offer powerful security to its customers.
- It offers extensive customer support via email and phone calls. Its phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m on 1-877-376-7747.
- All its suppliers get verified under stringent guidelines to eliminate the possibility of duplicate products.
- It allows you to do business with multiple suppliers from central locations.
Its one-time fees cost $299. You can also pay in three easy installments of $99, and then $100 twice.
Get started with Worldwide Brands.
What Are Dropship Companies?
In the dropshipping business model, the retailer doesn’t need to stock any goods to start an ecommerce business. They are only responsible for taking orders from the customers and acting as a middleman between them and the respective product suppliers.
Dropshipping different suppliers are a vital cog in any top dropshipping business and are responsible for the delivery of the ordered products within a stipulated time. The customer orders get forwarded to them by the retailers, and dropshipping suppliers directly ship the products to the customer with the help of their distributors.
What Should You Look For When Choosing a Dropship Companies?
Different drop shipping websites have different unique features or niches they are best for. For example, some may have a wider selection of consumer electronics or video games, while others excel with dropshipping wholesalers in the home and garden industry.
However, there are some standard features that each dropship companies should offer:
1. Regional Base.
Speed is an essential consideration in the dropshipping business. And more often than not, clients prefer suppliers based out of the mainland United States or the UK.
That’s why you should choose a dropshipping platform that can help you zero in on these suppliers, like Inventory Source. That way, you can avoid shipping every item from China or India which could take weeks.
2. Trial Period.
A lot of best dropshipping supplier charges you to look at their inventory. Sometimes you just want to preview what’s available without signing up for a complicated service. That’s why you should choose a dropshipping service that gives you a free trial period.
For example, SaleHoo and Inventory Source both allow you to sign up for free to preview what they offer.
3. Supplier Scorecard and Prices.
With intense competition in the market, it’s wise to read up on third-party reviews about the suppliers you want to work with. Supplier scorecards are a great way to do that. They provide you access to specific details like fulfillment rates, wholesale prices, average processing times, shipping times, and costs so that you can make an informed decision.
You need to ensure your pricing provides a good profit margin after you factor in the cost of goods sold (COGS) and shipping costs.
4. Reliable Support.
It’s essential to partner with a supplier that values time, customers, and their relationship with you. Worldwide Brands & Oberlo are great examples of service known for their fast turnaround time in providing client solutions and 24*7 support.
5. Integrations With Other Ecommerce Platforms.
You want to spend the least amount of time managing your dropshipping and ecommerce platform so that you have more time to market your business.
Look for a dropshipping tools that offers extensive integrations with ecommerce platforms. For example, Printful offers integration with Wix, WooCommerce, Shopify, Squarespace, and more. Whereas Oberlo works exclusively with Shopify.
6. Reporting and Analytics.
To succeed in today’s market, you need a proper tool that can tell you how your eCommerce store is performing, conduct detailed statistical and analytical calculations, and generate actionable insights.
7. Product Quality and Custom Branding.
Even though you’re selling products from other brands, you need to ensure the unboxing experience matches your brand standards. For example, you should check to see if your wholesale dropshipper can add custom inserts with your brand name, messaging, customer coupons, and other branded elements.
The dropshipping supplier websites you choose is likely to play a crucial role to start a dropshipping business from home.
Every drop shipping websites comes with its unique set of capabilities. However, you need to select an option that aligns the best with your ecommerce tools, budget, and product selection.
For instance, you should go with Oberlo if you’re already a Shopify merchant. Or you could use Spocket if you’re looking for custom US and EU goods.
Ultimately, I recommend you go with SaleHoo or Ali Dropship, as they are the best dropship companies on the market.
Make sure to review different companies carefully before making your final choice.
Which supplier do you plan to use for dropshipping? Let me know in the comments below.
Jazmin is a Forbes Marketing editor who writes about SaaS startups and Business Software Reviews.