ERP software and MRP Software have become so essential to manufacturers that an entire subset has been created for them.
Manufacturers and supply chain managers rely on MRP software for manufacturing to remain competitive in today’s demanding world.
In addition, since this MRP software is often bundled with enterprise manufacturing ERP software, it is easy to overlook or completely forget about them,
meaning you are missing out on better inventory control, smoother production processes, and lower manufacturing costs.
Katana MRP software is the best MRP software for manufacturing businesses, based on our extensive analysis of the top mrp planning software options available.
Regardless of your industry or the size of your business, you will be able to manage raw materials and inventory with katana erp software used in the manufacturing industry.
Katana Review: Best mrp software for manufacturing
Katana ERP software provides thousands of manufacturers with a visual, intuitive, and easy-to-use way to view their business. Try it for free.
Katana is the best manufacturing ERP software to track all moving parts of your business – sales, inventory, and more.
Katana mrp planning software combines a visual interface and a smart master planner to make managing inventory and manufacturing effortless and connect you to all the services you know and love.
Real-time master planning: Katana mrp software automatically tracks stock movement across multiple warehouses and the production cycle to help you maintain optimal inventory levels.
Additionally, you can create BOMs and product recipes to organize materials and keep track of availability in a make-to-order workflow or fulfill orders from available stock.
Live – Katana inventory management and real-time tracking will help you prioritize orders and determine raw materials and finished goods’ availability in real-time.
Using batch tracking or lot tracking features, materials, products, and operations can be tracked end-to-end from production to sale.
Identify products and materials quickly, track materials and batch numbers, and keep track of them when receiving, using, or counting goods.
With the Shop Floor App from Katana mrp software, you can completely control your shop floor.
Track manufacturing costs based on product recipes and production operations while creating, setting up, and removing shop floor operators at katana erp software for manufacturing industry.
Katana mrp software system‘s extensive integrations make it the control panel for your entire business.
No matter what you sell, whether it’s jewelry, apparel, footwear, soap, electronics, industrial equipment, outdoor gear, or anything in between, Katana mrp software has what you need. No matter where or how you sell.
Streamline your business operations with Katana mrp scheduling software open API and integrations with e-commerce, accounting, CRM, and reporting providers, including Shopify, eBay, Amazon, WooCommerce, Xero, and Quickbooks Online.
API of katana mrp planning software lets you create custom workflows and connect to hundreds of third-party integrations via Integromat and Zapier.
Katana mrp Pricing
From $99 a month, you can get the essential plan. You can upgrade to the advanced plan for $299 a month. For $799 a month, you can get a professional plan.
Katana Cost: $99 per month
Free trial: Available
Free version: Not Available
Katna mrp Pricing for an essential plan($99/month) includes:
- 500 shipped sales order lines per month A sales order line is an individual item listed in a sales order.
- 1 full-access user, user accounts with unrestricted access to all manufacturing data and features.
- 3 warehouses, Track stock, make products and fulfill customer orders in up to 3 different locations.
- Add full-access users for $29 USD/month per user.
- Access to native integrations: Shopify, Manage fulfillment for Shopify orders and keep your shop’s inventory levels and production in sync.
- WooCommerce – Manage fulfillment for WooCommerce orders and keep your shop’s inventory levels and production in sync.
- Xero – Send sales and purchase orders to Xero to keep accounting in sync with data in Katana.
- QuickBooks Online – Send sales and purchase orders to QuickBooks Online to keep accounting in sync with data in Katana.
- Access to Katana API integrations: Connect the Katana mrp system to integrations built on our open API by our service partners.
- Automation – Integrate with Zapier, Integromat, Pipe17, Cart Rover, and SyncHub.
- CRM – Integrate with HubSpot, Pipedrive, Prospect CRM, and Salesforce.
- E-commerce – Integrate with Amazon, BigCommerce, eBay, Ecwid, Etsy, Faire, Magento, Shift4Shop, Squarespace, Walmart Marketplace, and Wix.
- Reporting – Integrate with Easy Insight and SyncHub.
- Shipping – Integrate with 2Ship and Ship Theory.
- Live chat and email support.
Katna mrp Pricing for the advanced plan($299/month) includes:
- 2,000 shipped sales order lines per month – A sales order line is an individual item listed in a sales order.
- 1 full-access user accounts with unrestricted access to all manufacturing data and features.
- 3 shop floor operators – Individual production employees or workstations with access to Katana mrp system Shop Floor App but not Katana.
- Unlimited warehouses – Track stock, make products and fulfill customer orders from an unlimited number of locations.
- Add full-access users for $39 USD/month per user – Add additional users with access to all manufacturing data and features.
- Add shop floor operators for $9 USD/month per user – Add individual production employees or workstations with access to Katana Shop Floor App but not Katana.
- All Essential plan features.
- Batch and expiry date tracking – Get end-to-end traceability for materials and products.
- Barcode scanning – Use a barcode scanner to streamline stock management.
- Multi-currency support – Sell and purchase in multiple currencies with the automatic daily currency conversion in Katana.
- Access to the Katana erp software Shop Floor App – Manage production team task management with Katana’s mobile-friendly web-based application.
- Full access to Katana’s open API – Create custom integrations with the services you love and automatically move data between systems.
Custom PDF printouts – Customize printable PDF templates for all documents created in Katana.
Live chat and email support – Katana support teams are located in the US, Canada, Europe, and New Zealand to cover all time zones and respond quickly.
Free onboarding support package – Set your Katana mrp software account up for success with a tailored onboarding program.
Katna mrp Pricing for a professional plan($799/month) includes:
- 25,000 shipped sales order lines per month – A sales order line is an individual item listed in a sales order.
- 1 full-access user – User accounts with unrestricted access to all manufacturing data and features.
- 3 shop floor operators – Individual production employees or workstations with access to Katana Shop Floor App but not Katana.
- Unlimited warehouses – Track stock, make products and fulfill customer orders from an unlimited number of locations.
- Add full-access users for $79 USD/month per user – Add additional users with access to all manufacturing data and features.
- Add shop floor operators for $19 USD/month per user – Add individual production employees or workstations with access to Katana Shop Floor App but not Katana.
- All Advanced plan features.
- Early access to new features – Get early access to features still in development.
- Additional support – Get priority support and a dedicated Customer Success Manager.
- Priority live chat and email support – Your chat messages and emails will be prioritized ahead of the queue.
- Free onboarding support package – Set your Katana account up for success with a tailored onboarding program.
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager – Get the support of a dedicated Customer Success Manager who will ensure Katana support helps achieve your business goals.
- Accounting Integration
- Automated Scheduling
- Barcode / Ticket Scanning
- Bills of Material
- Capacity Planning
- Change Management
- Cost Tracking
- Document Management
- Financial Management
- Inventory Management
- Inventory Optimization
- Inventory Tracking
- Item Management
- Manufacturing Inventory Management
- Material Requirements Planning
- Mobile Access
- Multi-Channel Management
- Order Management
- Product Identification
- Production Scheduling
- Purchase Order Management
- Quality Management
- Receiving Labels
- Reorder Management
- Retail Inventory Management
- Safety Management
- Serial Number Tracking
- Shipping Management
- SKU/UPC Codes
- Supplier Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Warehouse Management
- What-if Analysis
What makes the Katana MRP software system unique
1. Live Katana Inventory Management
2. Real-Time Master Planning
3. Total Shop Floor Control
4. Omnichannel order management
5. End-to-end traceability
6. Production Planning
7. Purchase Order Management
8. Accurate Costing
9. Custom Workflows Via API
Live Katana Inventory Management
- Manage finished products and raw materials from one place
- To avoid stock-outs, automate inventory transactions and set reorder points.
- Real-time tracking of on-hand committed and expected stock levels.
- One place to manage products and material types
- Manage multiple warehouses all from one place
- Receiving and counting stock using barcodes
- Find and eliminate discrepancies in stock levels using stocktakes.
Real-Time Master Planning: All your production, scheduling, and resource management in one place and get real-time visibility to optimize your key resources.
- Make informed decisions about manufacturing and purchasing using real-time data
- Always keep inventory levels at an optimal level
- Determine production priorities according to raw material availability
- Implement task-level control to maximize shop floor efficiency
- Automatically calculate manufacturing costs based on your bill of materials and operations
Total shop floor control: Managing tasks from scheduling to prioritization at the floor level, using the Katana Shop Floor App to align sales and production.
- By sending tasks based on product operations at the floor level, the app will help you manage inbound manufacturing orders.
- Keep track of production by assigning and reassigning jobs to operators who can start, pause, and resume tasks.
- Access the manufacturing order task and ingredient list for every task.
- Keep track of time spent on each task to optimize shop floor operations.
- Quickly view the consumption of materials with a live material tracking system.
- Organize related tasks by adding notes to manufacturing orders.
- You can scan barcodes to monitor material usage and track batches and products with any smart device.
Omnichannel order management: Manage B2B and e-commerce sales orders and sync your sales channels for optimal order fulfillment.
- Monitor the availability of products required for sales orders
- Prioritize orders based on material availability and delivery deadlines via drag and drop
- You can choose to make your product or fulfill your order with products that are already in stock
- Reprioritize tasks to boost efficiency and identify delivery delay risks
- Orders from multiple channels can be synced in a single dashboard
- Convert sales order values automatically using multiple currencies
End-to-end traceability: Batches, materials, expiry dates, and more Be sure to keep track of your inventory beyond the warehouse.
- Materials and products can be tracked from beginning to end with batch tracking
- Easily track expiry dates and keep track of stock that is about to expire
- Automate the creation of batch and internal barcodes
- Access the same real-time data across multiple warehouses, giving all teams instant access to items
- Ensure quality assurance and recalls by tracing faulty batches, materials, and products from materials to sold goods
Production Planning: Planning your production with a matrix BOM for your variable products and automatically reallocate materials based on your priorities.
- Prioritizing manufacturing tasks using drag-and-drop
- Track the availability of required materials for efficient sales order fulfillment
- Analyze the delay risks associated with material supply lead times
- Keep sales teams informed by getting accurate completion dates
- Get a live view of production status at the floor level
Purchase Order Management: Tracking granular purchase orders to gain maximum visibility, Keeping your teams and products moving, and avoiding stock-outs.
- Ensure that material requirements are precise before purchasing to ensure on-time delivery
- Identify the time when raw materials need to be purchased from suppliers
- Your inventory should be updated to reflect when you received parts purchase orders
- Stay on top of supply chain delays to keep everyone informed
- Convert purchase order values automatically by selecting and using multiple currencies
Accurate Costing: Katana MRP software provides accurate costing and Real-time, reliable costing made simple. Make sure your costing is accurate with features designed to be precise.
- Calculate manufacturing costs using your bill of materials (BOM) and production operations
- Calculate the cost of subassemblies by creating multilevel BOMs
- Calculate your product margins to make precise pricing decisions
Custom Workflows Via API: Integrations via API: Katana’s open API, Integromat, and Zapier can be used to create custom workflows.
Connect tools and automate workflows to streamline operations.
- Katana inventory data syncs with hundreds of e-commerce, shipping, accounting, and reporting platforms
- Using Katana’s open API, create custom integrations with other apps.
- Use our developer resources and open API to create custom apps for Katana
- You can use apps created by other companies and developers to define your processes in Katana
Katana Review Pros and Cons
- Real-Time Inventory Management
- Visual Production Planning
- Control of Manufacturing
- Sales Order Fulfillment
- Flexible User Access
- Critical Integration
- Customer Support and Onboarding
- batching isn’t included as part of the standard package
What integrations are available for Katana mrp software?
Manufacturing ERP integrated with your favorite online services: eCommerce (such as Shopify and Woocommerce), accounting, Hubspot, and many more integrations.
What is Katana Software?
Katana is a manufacturing ERP that gives you real-time visibility into sales, inventory, and many other business areas.
Katana connects you to all your favorite services while providing an intuitive, visual interface that allows you to manage inventory and manufacturing in real-time.
What is enterprise resource planning ERP?
At its core, an ERP is an application that automates business processes.
It provides insights and internal controls, drawing on a central database that collects inputs from departments including accounting, manufacturing, supply chain management, sales, marketing, and human resources (HR).
What is manufacturing ERP system?
Manufacturing ERP systems provide centralized control over all aspects of facility operations and processes, from production to payroll.
With ERP, a business can gain unprecedented visibility, coordination, and management across the many processes that make it up – ultimately leading to greater efficiency.
What Is MRP? Why Is It Important for Manufacturing Businesses?
MRP provides companies with visibility into inventory requirements, which helps them optimize inventory levels and production schedules.
The lack of this insight can lead to limited visibility and responsiveness for companies, which can lead to:
Purchasing too much inventory increases carrying costs and ties up money in inventory overhead that could be used elsewhere.
Lack of raw materials causes lost sales, canceled contracts, and out-of-stocks due to insufficient raw materials.
A delay in sub-assembly builds results in a spike in production costs and a decrease in output due to disruptions in the production cycle.
MRP is widely used in manufacturing companies to manage inventory, schedule production, and plan and control production.
However, it has also been used in many other industries, from retail to restaurants, to find a balance between supply and demand.
What is Small Business Manufacturing Software?
Small business manufacturing software optimizes the essential manufacturing process requirements by automating production phases, enabling supply chain management, and storing customer data and interactions.
Standard features of small business manufacturing software include material requirements planning MRP to automate the initial phases of the production process by tracking and organizing production materials monitoring the flow of labor and equipment and processing advanced shipment notifications from suppliers.
Supply chain management or SCM automates supply chain control with alerts to notify manufacturing managers about delays and backlogs.
Manufacturing accounting manages all financial transactions within a small business operation, including inventory payroll and accounts receivable.
Manufacturing executive system MES shows shop floor operations in real-time to assist decision-making regarding production and labor equipment utilization and scrap reporting.
What is the Difference Between ERP and MRP?
It is widely recognized that ERP systems enable the automation of a wide range of back-office business functions, whereas MRP systems specialize in material management.
The ERP system directly affects accounting, manufacturing, supply chain, customer management, quality, processes, and planning.
On the other hand, MRP has a narrow scope of ordering and planning manufacturing materials. Therefore, each system has a different user base.
Many departments use ERP software, but those tied to manufacturing might use MRP tools.
MRP is a more standalone system than ERP. Combining some systems can be possible, but this can present a challenge.
On the other hand, ERP systems can be easily integrated with other systems.
Best Inventory management software for modern manufacturers who want to scale their D2C brands.
The End-To-End Traceability of Katana Manufacturing ERP gives Thousands of Manufacturers a unique insight into their business. Live Inventory Management. Real-Time Master Planning. It’s an easy-to-use ERP software. Sign up for a free trial.
Katana mrp review Summary
Katana software is a manufacturing ERP that can give you a live view of your business.
It has features such as live inventory and manufacturing management, batch tracking for end-to-end traceability, a Shop Floor App for floor-level control, and an open API.
The master planning features automate resource allocation based on prioritized sales orders and integrate e-commerce, accounting, CRM, and reporting services to centralize all key operations.
Designer🎨, Color🌈 Nerd and Marketing👩💻 scientist at Forbes Marketing, I geek out on studying📖 the Psychology, Human behaviour, including fascinating😍 motivations behind why we act🎬, feel😊 and things the way we do🤟🏻.